A successfully crafted manuscript contains not only carefully edited text but also professionally presented figures and diagrams. Many journal reviewers believe that figure presentation is the second most important part of presentation during peer-review, coming only after the abstract.
Prior to publication, a scientific paper’s figures must be prepared in accordance with the requirements of the target journal, but different journals can have different formatting requirements, which can cover file format, layout, resolution, and other factors. Not all researchers have the ability or time to produce graphs and other images on par with the quality of their research. Generating professional-quality diagrams can require a great deal of time and energy. Therefore, LetPub launched a professional Figure Formatting Service to help researchers expedite the publication process using high-quality, precisely formatted figures.
Our Service*：We offer the following figure formatting services, depending on the type of image supplied:
1.High-resolution images (graphics and photos*, supported file formats: .tiff, .jpg, .png, .eps, .bmp, .psd, .gif, .pdf):
- Modification of figure dimensions (limited by the resolution of the original figure)
- Addition of annotations (text, arrows, lines, etc.)
- A combination of multiple images into composite figures
Note: photo-editing does not include the following processes: adjustment of brightness or contrast, cropping, or calculation.
Example A: Multiple pictures combined into a single figure with text and annotations (arrows, scale bar) added.
2. Tables containing completed calculations** (supported file formats: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel)
- Construction of charts (bar graphs, line charts, scatter plots, etc.)
Note: Production of charts from tables does not include calculation; please provide the data that you wish to be displayed, such as mean, standard deviation, etc.
Example C: Tabular data (or initial chart) rendered into a chart compliant with journal requirements.
3. Editable Microsoft Excel charts (with linked table files)
- Modification of chart type, color, line thickness, and text size
4. Low-resolution flow charts and diagrams (including text boxes, lines, shapes, and arrows)
- Production of high-resolution, editable files
Example B: Low-resolution schematic diagrams redrawn as high-resolution diagrams.
5. Flow charts, schematic sketches, and scanned manuscripts
- Professional graphic design
Every figure submitted to the figure formatting service will be rendered in strict accordance with the target journal’s submission requirements by LetPub’s professional figure formatting team. If the paper is rejected due to the figure format or quality of the figure, we will modify it for free.
*After you submit the following form, we will ask our figure formatting experts to assess the difficulty and workload of your project.
Service Pricing Chart
|Figure Preparation Service|
|Format editing of figures/charts||2 business days||$60/picture|
|Production of high-resolution diagrams||3 business days||$80/picture|
|Construction of charts (bar graphs, line charts, scatter plots, etc.)||3 business days||$80/picture|
|Flowchart and schematic diagrams||2-5 business days||TBD|